As part of OMV Tunisia’s commitment to Environmental and Energy best practices, and in alignment with the OMV Corporate HSSE Strategy, the branch office first achieved certification to ISO 14001:2015 in July 2016. In November 2018 the Tunisia branch office added certification to ISO 5001:2011 standard. As per ISO requirements each ISO is subject to yearly surveillance audits, and every 3 years to an external repeat audit. The last audits were completed in July 2019.
- Both ISO certificates are indicative of OMV Tunisia’s commitment to best practice in terms of Environment and Energy standards
- The ISO requirements for “continuous improvement” have assisted a number of improvements to the Branch Office Environment and Energy Management System.
Benefits of Adopting Energy Management System
- Helping to achieve energy use reduction and carbon emissions in a systematic way
- Creating a clear picture of current energy use status, based on which new goals and targets can be set
- Evaluating and prioritizing the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies and measures
- Providing a framework to promote energy efficiency throughout supply chain;
- Providing guidance on how to benchmark, measure, document and report corporate energy use
- Making better use of energy consuming assets, thus identifying potentials to reduce maintenance costs or expand capacity
- Demonstrating to the stakeholders that corporate commitment to comply with their best practice to protect the environment
Both ISO certifications demonstrate the commitment of OMV Tunisia to ensure that environmental issues and energy management best practices are centric to its business values. Additionally the attainment of both ISO certifications is in accordance with the Environmental deliverables of the Group 2025 Sustainability strategy.